With regards to writing about skiing however, I’ve decided its time to focus a little more on the adventurous stuff, rather than “I went to a nice resort, had a nice time, ate lots of nice food and drunk lots of nice wine.” Don’t get me wrong – I am not opposed to any of this. I love it…. but its hard to sell a story on this alone. What I really want to do and write about is touring, ski mountaineering , freeride and…erm …Nordic skiing ( yes!- I’ve entered La Trans Jurassienne in February- only the 25km though-more about some of the crazy things I’ve entered next year coming soon…)
So I’m really pleased to have been approached to work for a new website/digi-mag (via my friends at the Eagles Ski Club) . SkiTrek will launch at the end of January 2014 and I will be a contributing editor.
• What is SkiTrek?
– A hub for the touring & trekking community
– A unique take on the tour & trek world across continents and countries – A source of advice
– A site for everyone – gentle skinners, casual hikers as well as adventurers
– A community – with Forums, Blog and logs for tours & treks
• We seek to tread lightly on the mountains and observe – the fauna & flora, not forgetting savvy and safety, health & fitness, good gear & huts
• The SkiTrek Team is an eclectic mix – Guides, a mountain rescuer, a parapente champion, a racer, a botanist, a renowned photographer et al
So if anyone has ideas for stories, trips etc you can contact me on email@example.com
In the mean time, I’ve lined up a few stories :
The Freeride World Tour in Courmayeur on 18th January- skiing with last year’s FWT champion Drew Tabke.
Off piste in Le Portes du Soleil- 7-10th Jan
Ice climbing world cup, La Plagne. February 1
Ski Touring: Dolomites/Cortina dates tbc
Punta Nera freeride, bouldering and ski mountaineering competition, Cortina. April 2014
That’s plenty to be getting on with….